Saturday, March 21, 2009

My March Inspiration

Jody is my inspiration for March. I found this article on the Weight Watchers webiste in the success stories. This has definately given me some motivation!

Jody's STATS
Age - 30
Height - 1.73 m
Was - 124.5 kg
Lost - 49.5 kg
Weight - 75 kg

These were the parts of Jody's story that I can relate to.

Jody’s previous attempts had done nothing to put her off. "It was me who’d
failed before, not the program," she says honestly. "And this time was
different. I was ready to do it for myself." She paid in advance for 16 weeks
and went to every Meeting. "Having the support of other Members was crucial for
me. Knowing other people feel the same really keeps you inspired. And when I’d
visit my dad in Whyalla, SA, I’d still go to Meetings rather than miss out."

The real turning point came when Jody was confronted with a photograph of herself. "I looked at it, and thought, ‘Oh god – look at those arms!’ And my face was huge – all I could see were chins and fat cheeks," she recalls with horror. "Even though I’d been buying large clothes, I’d never really understood how big I actually was." Jody also knew she’d been putting on an act with her friends. "I’d pretend I didn’t care what people thought of me," she says. "I’d even make jokes, saying, ‘a lot of money went into making that stomach!’" But she wasn’t being honest. "Going shopping with mates made me feel really uncomfortable. I’d just have to stand there, knowing nothing would fit."

Jody Before

Jody After


WOW is all I can say!

2 comments:

  1. Wow indeed! Good luck with your weight loss journey. Maybe you can inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow what an inspirartion, she just looks so gorgeous and happy!!

    ReplyDelete