He has been very unsettled this past 8.5 weeks (his entire life lol!) but I think we are finally making some progress. He was diagnosed with severe reflux at 6 weeks and after trial and error with meds we think we have it mostly under control. Even though the reflux is getting better my boy was still having issues so I have started an elimination diet to see if he has food allergies. Cows milk protien is the most common so as of Tuesday I have been on a dairy free diet. Now if you look at food packaging, dairy is in ALOT of foods! I was really wanting something sweet yesterday so I found
Choc Chip Cookies - Dairy Free
1 cup marg/puree banana (nuttelex is a dairy free alternative to traditional marg)
1/2 brown sugar
1/2 cane sugar
1/4 soy/rice milk
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda
350 grams non dairy chocolate broken up (most health food sections of the supermarket have this)
Pre heat oven to 180
Combine both cane and brown sugar in a bowl with melted marg (may look a little curdled - its ok). In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients. Add sugar/marg mix, milk and vanilla to dry ingredients and combine. Add chocolate and mix until a sticky dough is formed. Put spoonfuls of dough on a greased tray and cook for approx 9 mins.
End result
A Happy Hubby!

they sound good, does hubby know his mug is on your blog? :)
ReplyDeleteSend some over this way. Yum. Hubby has the cutest dimples. :)
ReplyDeleteI kinda caught him off guard lol. He couldn't do his usual grin with cookies through his teeth! I love his dymples, we think bubby may have inherited them too - so very cute!
ReplyDeleteWay to go, trust you to be able to find a dairy-free choc chip cookie recipe! :D
ReplyDelete